Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

Recharged


It feels like a year since I last opened my blogger account...to write.   However, on Wednesday, October 30th it will be only THREE months!

When you do something....anything....every single day it just becomes a routine.  The norm.   And sometimes you have to take a step back to see what others see.  To see your life and every thing around you from a different perspective.  For one day or ten days or months....do not do the norm.

A break.  A hiatus.  A holiday.  A vacation.  Whatever you call it....take it.

That is exactly what I did.  What I needed to do.

Challenging myself to blog for 365 days...in a row...about my daughter with special needs was not easy.  Finding the gift she gives to me daily...was challenging.  Some days it was blatantly obvious, while others I was still searching well into the night.

Blogging about my true feelings and opening up to friends, family and complete strangers was hard for me.  However, I knew keeping everything bottled up inside would only make me feel worse.  I knew getting it out would not only help others who try to understand our world get a better picture...a better understanding, I knew there was probably another parent out there who was struggling with the same feelings I had and I hoped my words gave them strength and encouragement.  For everyone I hope my gifts from my nonverbal daughter, was a chance for everyone to reflect on their own gifts...in their own families.

Since I  have completed my challenge...to myself, I have made many changes in my own life.  For the better.  I have truly seen what is important and what matters.  I feel energized and ready for the next challenge.  Right now, I do not know what that is, but I am sure it is not too far away.

My blog, 365 Days of Gifts from My Nonverbal Daughter has come to an end.  However, the gifts do not.  The gifts my daughter has given to me....to you....will continue to give every time someone reads them.

Thank you for sharing the past year with me and I hope you will continue to follow our everyday journey over on my other blog which took a holiday when 365 started.  Here is the link http://www.our-everyday.com

Cheers!
Emilie and Anna Cate.....my amazing daughter who keeps on giving....every.single.day!





© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment