Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Typical Sibling Interaction

Today's gift is typical sibling interaction.

As I just wrote the words above, I am laughing at myself, as I am in shock even thinking this is my gift today. The interaction between them is not the warm and fuzzy type, but the yelling, driving the other one crazy kind of interaction....which ultimately drives ME crazy! But this is "typical" behavior of "typical" siblings!

While it drives me crazy, it is also funny...funny to watch my oldest push the buttons of her siblings, just like they do to one another. It is equally funny to see them react to her versus each other. They do give her more time to "bother" them before they really start telling her to stop or the whining starts coming my way. I try to tell them "to work it out" amongst themselves when they want me to intervene. I am here if they really need me, but 99% of the time they can work it out between each other.

They must know I have book club tonight, as they ALL decided to act wild and push me over the edge. Or it is this weather we are having...whatever the case, I am counting down the hours till book club.

It is funny how they "must know" it is my one night out, as it is also the one day they all need me....at the same exact moment. It is the one night they all have to get on each other's nerves. It is the one night they have to do everything in the book to make me want to fast forward the clocks!

Through all the "craziness" the gift from my daughter wanting to join in and make mommy crazy too is incredible to see. Especially since she laughs the whole time. She knows she is being funny....she knows she can get away with it....she knows it really does make me happy...deep down (lol)! I love when she can be as typical as she can and I love it when I'm in the moment....and for the moment my family looks "typical" too.

The quotes I leave you with tonight, are more funny thoughts (from someeecard...the website is called someeecards), than quotes....

Why do they want dinner every single night?

I'll love you forever, like you for always, but if you continue to scream like that I'm going to pretend I don't know you.

Shhh, Mommy's on the phone. Let's be really quiet and behave until she is done. Said no child ever.

And lastly, not from someeecards.....

They know me in a way no one ever has; They open me to things I never knew existed. They drive me to insanity and push me to my depths. They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul. They are my kids- Author Unnown



No comments:

Post a Comment