Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Her love for her "puppy"

Today's gift is her love for her "puppy".

To say my daughter loves having a dog in the house is an understatement. Whenever she can not see him, she is off looking for him.

Today when I picked her up from school she was looking in the back of the car in great detail to see if he was in the back. When she noticed he was not there she said, "puppy". I told her he was at home. Once we pulled into the driveway, it was "puppy, puppy, puppy".

I had him outside a lot today to see if it helped with his jumpy behavior by not putting him in the crate ( it did a little), so as soon as we walked into the house she was off searching for him. When I told her he was outside, she made a beeline for the backdoor to look for him.

In between having her snack, playing connect four and watching tv, she would keep getting up to check on him. It was so cute to watch her lift up the blinds to find him!

Seeing her "keep an eye" on her "puppy" made my day. I know it is an adjustment for all of us, including Midnight, but it has only been 72 hours! We are doing pretty good considering....but we still have training to do. We are still waiting for someone to call us back (did I mention I do not like to wait...) and I hope we hear back soon so we can have a game plan with his training.

Midnight is such a sweet dog and I can't wait to see how amazing he is going to be with some training!

But until that day comes, I know we made my daughter's year when we brought Midnight home on Sunday!



Here are some quotes for today....

Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, they pass no criticism - George Eliot

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person - Andrew Rooney

And because I love humor....

How to handle stress like a dog...if you can't eat it or play with it, than pee on it and walk away- Author Unknown





No comments:

Post a Comment