Image Map

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Skipping

Today's gift is skipping.

My daughter is very active.  It all started when she was in my belly and she hasn't stopped.  Walking, running, jumping, skipping....you name it.  She is always on the go.

This afternoon we were upstairs filling her bath and at this time of day she loves to run around with her siblings.  She came running over to me and linked her arm into mine.  Immediately a certain movie came to mind....so I decided to play the scene out with her.

As her arm was linked in mine and a long hallway stared at us I started singing, "We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz" and we skipped down yellow brick road....aka our hallway.   She was skipping down the hallway with me laughing.  When we stopped she would say "more".  So we would turn around and skip the other way singing the song again.  And again.  And again.

I love how something so simple was so much fun.  I love how every day my daughter helps me realize what truly is important in life and what is not.  I love how she has opened my eyes to make me appreciate all the little things.  I love how we share so much together.  I love her so much!

Here are some quotes for today from The Wizard of Oz....

You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power- Glinda The Good Witch

There's no place like home- Dorothy

Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true










No comments:

Post a Comment