Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

Learning a New Game

Today's gift is learning a new game.

As you know by now if you have been following my blog, my daughter loves to play Connect 4. I want her to play whatever game is going to make her happy. If it is always the same game, so be it.

However, for Christmas she received a new game as we always will continue to introduce new games to her as you never know if she will be interested in something different. I would love for her to have a choice of games she enjoys playing, on her own, instead of just one.

The new game is called Tic Tac Toe Toss Across. It is a large Tic Tac Toe game where you throw mini bean bags at it and it swivels to X's or O's and you try to get three in a row.

This game is right up her alley as she loves to toss bean bags. It is a favorite game at therapy. However, just like anything new it will take time and lots of repetition for her to enjoy it like her favorite game. Her love for Connect 4 or the iPad didn't happen overnight either.

Every day since Christmas we play this game at least once to get her used to it. Today was no different. She is a little trickster when we play. She will throw the bean bags all gently so you will move the board a little closer and then she throws the next one as hard as she can spinning them around three at a time or the bean bag lands clear across the room! Sometimes I think the act of throwing is what she enjoys most about this game right now!

I will not give up on her new game and I know it will just take time. She may never like it like Connect 4 and that is ok, I just would like to have a back up game for those long days home.

Here are two quotes for today...

You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step - Author Unknown

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I will learn- Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment