Image Map

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hope

Today's gift is hope.

The word "hope" truly is special to me.

First, and foremost, hope is what my daughter gives me every day. She is my inspiration. She shows me what can be done if you believe.

Second, Hope, is the name of the therapy center where my daughter receives physical therapy weekly. At Hope, they give her just that....hope....hope she will thrive, hope she will one day not need physical therapy, and PT will become personal training.

And lastly, Hope, is the name of the Church we attend. Hope Church is the place where we all can relax and know everything will be okay. Hope Church is the place where we know faith will join hope and together they will help us on this Rett Syndrome journey and any other challenges we face.

As you know from my previous post, Christmas came a little early for our kids. Our dog, Midnight, is super sweet and the kids light up when they see him, especially my oldest. She has waited so long for a dog. However, Midnight, wants to play...in a jumpy, happy way, later in the afternoon and they do not like this. I can't blame them and my oldest doesn't really understand, so I have to protect her. But in dealing with this I have hope....

I know we too shall get through this phase. I know we will because I believe with the proper training Midnight will be perfect. He needs someone to believe in him, just like my daughter has someone who believes in her. He has had one owner, who became ill and passed away, then was taken to the SPCA and now us. I can only imagine how much energy he has to get out of his system, but unfortunately, the kids do not understand.

Emails have been placed to find the "dog whisperer" so Midnight can be the pet we know he can be for our family. People who believe in my daughter everyday give her and us the hope we need. Now it is our turn to believe in Midnight.



Here are some quotes for today....

When the world says give up, hope whispers try it one more time- Author Unknown

Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark- George Iles

Where hope grows, miracles blossom-  Elra Rae

You will feel fulfilled  when you do the impossible for someone else- Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment