Image Map

Friday, August 31, 2012

Sleeping in

Today's gift is sleeping in.

It is no secret...I am not a morning person.  I love to sleep in!  Not till the late morning hours like I did in college, but at least till 8:00 (do people even call this sleeping in!).  Unfortunately, ALL my kids take after my husband and they get up REAL early.  This house starts rolling around 5:00AM....daily!  There are days when I want to sleep in....there are days when I want my kids to sleep in....and there are days when I want both; however, the last one NEVER happens!

Today, my daughter walked into our room at 4:59 and crawled into our bed.  We put the tv on for her and within 20 minutes she was asleep again.  Now, if this was a school morning I would not have let her fall back asleep as we could be playing with fire when we tried to wake her again.  However, today is one of the last mornings she can sleep in and we were going up to my parents today to visit my cousins who were coming into town....so the more time I had without kids awake (or at least one out of the three) the better for me to get things done to keep us on schedule to leave in time.  She slept till 9:00....which was so helpful for me this morning.  The more time I have to not rush always helps with smoother mornings.

Everything was perfect today....from a smooth morning....to a safe drive to my parents...to a wonderful visit with my cousins...to a safe drive back home....to a perfect evening!

I could not write this post either, without mentioning how wonderful my husband is to me on the weekends.  Since NO ONE in my house likes to sleep in (paybacks are going to be rough for my kids when they are older!) my husbands lets ME sleep in every weekend!  It is so wonderful and I truly need the extra sleep...my kids wear me out!

So while I don't have kids or a husband who likes to sleep in, it is wonderful to know my one daughter will surprise me by sleeping in every once in a while to give me a break and my husband treats me like a queen on the weekends!

Here are some quotes for today....

Sleep is the best meditation- Dalai Lama

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctors book- Irish Proverb

Life is simple....eat, sleep and dance- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment