Image Map

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Down Time

Today's gift is down time.

After my eventful evening last night, I was extremely thankful today for having lots of down time.  Everyone in the house (including my mother!!!), slept in until 7:30...this is a first...for all of us!  This in and of itself was a gift to me.  But having a very low key day was a bonus.  I never know what the day is going to hold for my daughter, but she must have known mommy needed today to be rather calm and stress free.  I can not thank her enough for this!

My mom was here to help me all day and we had a relaxing day.  The girls were pretty upset after last night, so it was nice to spend some time hugging them and letting them know I was okay.  It was a scary time for all of us.  While I was comforting my own children, it was nice having my own mother here too to comfort me.  We have shared similar situations with me and my allergies one too many times in the past.

My daughter has brought many special people into our lives and we are one lucky family to have some amazing friends.  A friend of my daughter's and her family surprised us with a delicious dinner tonight...even with a nice bottle of wine.  While I was tempted....I will have to wait on a glass, my body isn't 100% back just yet.  I am beyond thankful for your thoughtfulness!

My phone was either buzzing with texts, ringing or receiving lots of emails with friends checking in on me....I am thankful for everyone who was concerned.

My girls were amazing and they were very good to me today.  I always enjoy down time with them as we go, go, go so much during the week, but today it was particularly special and just what the doctor ordered.

Here are two quotes for today....

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it- Unknown

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone- Lin Yutang






No comments:

Post a Comment