Image Map

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Little Things...#2


Today's gift is the little things....#2

I don't think there is anything I like better than seeing all my children playing or interacting with each other....and having a fun time!   I love the sound of laughter from my kids...much better than whining and yelling...or the highly annoying sound my son makes when he plays with his trash trucks (really this humming sound will push you over the edge!).

Today my girls were sitting on the sofa watching TV and having a snack after school.  I had given my daughter with Rett Syndrome a bowl of pretzels and my other daughter had the bag next to her (away from my oldest).  When my oldest daughter was finished with her pretzels, instead of saying "more" like she normally does, she looked at her sister and grabbed the pretzel right out of her hand before she was going to put it in her mouth!  My middle daughter and I looked at each other and started laughing...all while my oldest went on eating the pretzel looking at us like we were crazy.  It was too funny!

So I asked her if she would like more....to which she replied, "ya".  More pretzels were placed in her bowl and I told her when she was finished she was not going to get any more.  Apparently, she didn't like this idea and when she was finished with her bowl, she started grabbing the pretzels out of her sister's hand again!  Watching her interact in this playful/joking manner was so fun to see...in fact...I liked it so much, I kept giving my middle daughter a couple extra pretzels just to be able to watch my oldest daughter be funny...one more time.

Moments like these give me the extra boost I need some days...and it is amazing how the "little things" are often given to me when I need them the most.

Here are some quotes for today.....

The little things in life aren't always little- Unknown

We sometimes underestimate the influence of the little things- Charles Chestnutt

Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting- Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment