Image Map

Monday, September 17, 2012

Her Willingness to Learn

Today's gift is her willingness to learn.

I love knowing my daughter loves to learn!  Being in school with her friends and learning the same material they are, I truly feel makes her want to learn.  They are her motivator.

The school work my daughter is doing makes me so proud.  I can honestly say I never thought she would be able to take spelling tests, to learn to read, to learn her continents, to learn science and to learn social studies.  She loves science....I have no idea where she got this from!

Today she brought home 3 different folders for her homework.  I was amazed at what was in them!  The questions I had to help her study were...how many regions are there in Virginia (5) and name them all (she had to match their name by placing them in the correct place on a map).....the bodies of water in Virginia (4 rivers, 1 ocean and 1 bay)....and match them correctly on the map....and how many States border Virginia (5) and name them....by matching them correctly on the map.

I am beyond proud of her for learning about the same material her peers are, even if it is not as detailed as their work. She was so excited to do her homework with me this afternoon and I loved sharing this time with her too.

We never give up on her and we never stop believing she can do it...."it" being anything she puts her mind to.  The support she gets at home is carried over at school as well, so no matter who she is with, the common thread is believing in her.  She may not be doing exactly like her peers, as far as school work is concerned, and the work may need to be modified for her, but nonetheless she is doing work like them and it is all we can ask of her!

Here are some quotes for today....

Tell me and I forget.  Teach me and I remember.  Involve me and I learn- Benjamin Franklin

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement, nothing can be done without hope and confidence- Helen Keller

My heart is singing for joy this morning!  A miracle has happened!  The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil's mind, and behold, all things are changed! - Anne Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment