Image Map

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Herself

Today's gift is herself.

Eleven years ago today I was holding the most precious baby in my arms....my first born....my daughter. Looking down at her beautiful face and holding this precious bundle of joy, did I ever think this baby would change my world? Well, I knew she would change me.....but never in the ways she did and does every day. I knew she was a gift to me, my husband and our family, but little did I know she was given to us for a reason and someone above trusted me...us...so much.

In the past eleven years I have learned countless things from my daughter...and every day she teaches me either something new or another example of a gift she has always given to me. I have learned patience, how to believe, how to be calm in very stressful situations, how to relax, how to not worry, but let God do the worrying for me, how to be strong, how to teach, how to appreciate, how to listen, how to be compassionate, how to love unconditionally, how to balance my time, how to have fun, how to laugh, how to cry, how to laugh when I want to cry, how to pray, how to have hope and everything in between. By no means am I perfect and I need constant reminders to remember everything she has taught me. Usually the constant reminder is her....and seeing how she handles everything day to day.

Nothing comes too easy and everything takes lots of practice, but through it all she never gives up. Her teacher every day tells her she will never give up on her, so she can not give up either. There is nothing in life I say I can not do, because this is not something my daughter would say now with her actions and I know this is something she would not say if she was verbal. She is someone who likes adventure and to go and do. She is someone who is very social. She is someone I look up to daily for strength and guidance. 

While I try to teach her so much, it is her who truly teaches me what life is all about. It's not about the material things, it's not about keeping up with the Jones', it's not about what house you live in or car you drive, it's not judging a book by its cover....it's about how you are as a person and how you treat all people. She has opened my eyes in so many ways and because of her I....we...have welcomed amazing friends into our lives who I don't think we would have met if it wasn't for this path we are on with our daughter.

Thank you Pookie for being one strong and amazing daughter who never gives up, but only tries harder and harder. You are an inspiration to me.  Happy Birthday Sweetheart!


Here are some quotes for today....

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it

Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason

When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them.

The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment