Image Map

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Her Love for Her Siblings

Today's gift is HER love for her siblings.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was out of town for the night with my middle daughter and her friends celebrating her birthday.  We came home early this afternoon so we could still have family time before dinner and we had to get in the "get ready for the school week mode".   My daughter with special needs, was very excited to see us and I think she missed me as she said my name nonstop today!

This evening after dinner, my son asked if he could help my daughter open a present which my middle daughter bought for her on our trip....of course I said yes.  So all three of my children were on the sofa sitting next to each other and you could just see in my daughter's eyes how much she loved the attention her siblings were giving to her.   She was taking it all in and loving every second of it.

For 20 minutes (at least) they were having the best time as siblings.  They were helping her with her new miniature doll, reading the story the doll came with, and just watching their sister interact with her new gift.  I not only loved watching all three of them interact in such a genuine way, but I loved watching my daughter with special needs during this moment.  So often my kids go off and running in multiple directions and LONG bonding times like these (with all 3 kids) is not as common.  My daughter and her sister have lots of bonding moments and my son and his sister with special needs are getting closer as he gets older, however, she is always on his mind and he talks about her often.

Tonight I could see in my daughter's eyes and by the glow on her face, she loves her siblings.  She loves them for being there for her, she loves them for how they make her feel, she loves them for believing in her and she JUST loves them!  They made her extremely happy tonight and in return they made me extremely proud!

Here are a couple of quotes for tonight....

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life- Isadora James

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero- Marc Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment