Image Map

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Knowing when.....to say when

Today's gift is knowing when....to say when.

My daughter does it best...when she wants to stop and relax she will do so wherever and whenever.  When she wants to rest, she rests.  When she is sick and wants to nap, she naps.  Her body is telling her  to slow down and she listens.   Her body knows when enough is enough.

I have been battling a cough for more than 10 days.  My husband and family can tell you my cough sounds like it is getting worse, rather than better.  My friends can tell you the same thing.  But I keep plugging along...I am doing fine...I have so much to do...I have to do x, y and z.   And before you know it, it is close to midnight and I am still up, yet I want to go to bed so badly!  My body is telling me  to slow down and get some rest and I am NOT listening.

So tonight, I am going to do what my daughter does....I am going to listen to my body and go to bed.

Here is one quote for today....

You can't soar with the eagles, if you hoot with the owls- Coach from Dematha HS

No comments:

Post a Comment