Image Map

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Her love for music #1

My daughter LOVES music. It makes her happy, it makes her relatable to her peers, it makes her relax in stressful situations, it makes her want to have impromptu dance parties....it is something she has to have everyday.

I labeled this post #1 as I know there are going to be other posts in the next 300 days which will incorporate her love of music. However, today her love for music revolves around her playing DJ!

My daughter uses an iPad as her communication device, as does pretty well with it. I love how she can use a device her peers are also using...some for the same apps and others are different. The one app they all have in common is music. She loves going to her music and picking what music she wants to hear by viewing the album cover. My daughter enjoys different genres too...country, reggae, hip hop, rock, pop, dance....pretty much everything but opera!

Today the kids had a student holiday at school so we went to visit my parents. On our way home my daughters were playing DJ in the backseat with my iPhone. They were taking turns picking what song they wanted to listen to and dance to in the car. I was so excited seeing my daughter with special needs use my iPhone versus the iPad as the screen is much smaller.

Her music selections we enjoyed on our way home today were...Boyfriend, by Justin Bieber (twice!)....Circus, by Brittany Spears...Determinate, by Lemonade Mouth....What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction...One Thing by One Direction...Rumour Has It by Adele...

As you can see she enjoys a little bit of everything! I could have driven much further just to listen to my daughter pick her musical selections for our ride home today and to have her interacting age appropriately with her sister. It is almost like I had two gifts in one day!

Here are some quotes for today....

I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music - Billy Joel

Music is well said to be the speech of angels - Thomas Carlyle

Music is the best means we have of digesting time - W. H. Auden

 

No comments:

Post a Comment