Image Map

Friday, September 21, 2012

Her Kisses

Today's gift is her kisses.

I love giving my children hugs and kisses multiple times a day. I love telling my children I love them and how proud I am of them throughout the day. I want them to know I am always thinking about them and care for them beyond words.

Whenever I go away on a trip and I am away from them I feel like a piece of me is missing. As I type this post I am sitting on a plane headed to my annual "in person" Girl Power 2 Cure Board Meeting. I hate to fly....we will just put this out there right now. So me being away from my kids makes me more anxious due to the fact I don't like flying on planes. I love getting places fast, but just don't care for flying....but of course I do it anyway.

This morning after I got the kids dressed for school and made sure they looked extra cute today, as it is picture day for the girls, I just cuddled with them a little bit more. It was like my daughter with special needs knew I needed this extra bit of comfort too. She just looked at me so intently, we locked eyes and then she pursed her lips and gave me a big kiss. It was as if she wanted to tell me to relax and everything is going to be ok.

Of course I hugged and kissed my other two extra too and even got a couple of games of Mario Kart Wii in with my son before his ride came to pick him up for preschool.

It's funny how kids sense your feelings sometimes without you even mentioning them. My kids knew I needed extra love this morning, my son knew I needed to take my mind off flying so we played Wii, my middle daughter made me laugh with her hide and seek games she plays with her sister, and my daughter with special needs knew I needed those extra kisses.

Here are some quotes for today...

Children are a great comfort in your old age-and they help you reach it faster too- Lionel Kauffman

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside- Author Unknown

Motherhood: All love begins and ends there- Robert Browning



No comments:

Post a Comment