Image Map

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Opportunity

Today's gift is opportunity.

While I am not with my daughter today, it is because of my daughter why I am here....at a Board Meeting for Girl Power 2 Cure.   If my daughter did not have Rett Syndrome, I don't know if I would ever have been introduced to this syndrome OR if I would have ever been introduced to Girl Power 2 Cure.  However, she does have Rett Syndrome and Girl Power 2 Cure is a big part of our life.

I have always loved volunteering for different service organizations and always knew this would be a part of my life....giving back.  I just never realized the organization I would be volunteering my time for would be promoting a disorder my daughter lives with.   Having a true passion to the cause you are promoting changes the whole picture, especially when the passion is your child.

All day I was in a conference room with 10 other dedicated people who want to CURE Rett Syndrome too!  Some have a daughter with Rett Syndrome and others do not; however this doesn't change our ultimate goal.  It is because of my daughter I have been introduced to these amazing people and why I have been given this opportunity to make a difference.

My daughter is making a difference in this world by teaching everyone she comes in contact with about Rett Syndrome and how she may have different challenges to face everyday, but she is still an 11 year old girl....with the same likes as most of her peers.  She has taught me about making a difference and through her I have learned how to share her story....our story....with others.

I (we) promised my daughter when she was diagnosed 6 years ago we would NEVER give up on her. My passion for her, is for her to be able to live the most typical life she can with Rett Syndrome.  I want her to experience life like her peers.  My passion parallels the mission of Girl Power 2 Cure..."...by harnessing the spirit of girls to help fellow girls who are suffering".   I am honored and excited to be given an opportunity to not only help my daughter, but also to help typical girls...peers of my daughter....to make a difference in the lives of girls who are suffering.  Because of HER, I want to Help End Rett.

Here are two quotes for today....

The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity- Ayn Rand

In the middle of difficulty comes opportunity- Albert Einstein



No comments:

Post a Comment