Image Map

Monday, July 8, 2013

Catching Up

Today's gift is catching up.

The first day back from vacation is always the hardest.  Getting back to reality after being away takes a toll on all of us.  It took such a toll on me, I apparently was still operating on Central Time as I picked up my middle daughter 45 minutes LATE from her FIRST day of camp!!!

This morning, oddly enough my daughter was the first one up and ready to go at 5:30.  I was surprised as I thought for sure she would have slept in.  I guess she couldn't wait to see her "Anne Sullivan" this morning.

All day she was in a great mood, but as the day wore on she was starting to get a little sleepy.  I couldn't blame her as I was getting sleepy too!

Right before "Anne Sullivan" had left, my daughter had fallen asleep on the sofa.  She looked so peaceful I just couldn't stir her.  In fact she looked so comfortable I thought I would close my eyes for a little bit too!  And I did....and so did my son.  The three of us, including Midnight all took a little nap together.



It was the best and exactly what we all needed!  And I didn't feel guilty taking one as I had done everything I needed to do today....grocery shopping, laundry, unpacking and putting away clothes.

Tomorrow is probably going to be another catch up day for my daughter too as she hasn't had physical therapy in a week, but I know she will handle it.  In fact, I bet she is actually looking forward to her stretches as I can tell she is tight from sitting in the car.

Maybe there will be one more nap in our future this week....I won't argue!


Here is a funny quote for today....

When life knocks me down, instead of getting right back up....I usually stay there and take a quick nap- Author Unknown





© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment