Image Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Knowing the States

Today's gift is knowing her States.

My daughter has been on a roll playing games lately.  The key is catching her when she is willing to sit for a period of time and play.   When she does this she loves playing games.

While I was making the kids lunches today, "Anne Sullivan", my daughter and my son played a States game.  I was curious to see how "Anne Sullivan" was going to introduce this game to my daughter.

The game is played where you roll a die and what is shown on the die indicates where you move to and what type of State question you get asked.  No matter the question, you have to answer with a name of a State.

Right at the beginning, "Anne Sullivan" went to my daughter's iPad and pulled up her States page under social studies.  I didn't even know we had that button!!!!  In my defense, it is not one we would have used often as typically Social Studies is done in school...but now knowing it is there will be so helpful!!!

My daughter would roll her die and then "Anne Sullivan" would ask her a question and give her two States to chose from for her answer.  Would you believe she got EVERY one right!?!?!  I couldn't believe it!

I love watching her be able to play a typical game with her siblings.  I love watching them help her learn.  I love watching them get excited for their sister when she achieves success!  I just love to watch them interact.

This is the second game this week she has played and showed an interest in the game.   Not every time we ask her to play does she want too...and that is okay....as I said you have to catch her at the right time.  But knowing she can play and enjoys it makes me so happy for her.  And what makes me happier, is watching her play a typically game with her siblings....sharing a typical moment.

Here is a quote for today....

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero- Marc Brown


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment