Image Map

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Her Love for Boo

Today's gift is her love for Boo.

My daughter loves the movie Monsters Inc.  This movie came out when she was 7 1/2 weeks old!  I don't know when the first time she saw it was, but I do remember it was instantly a favorite!   It was this movie which got her saying the word "boo".  When she was little many people would come up to us and say she looked like Boo in the movie.  And she did.

This summer as you know Monster's University came out and I can not wait to add it to her collection of movies.  There is something about Boo, Mike and Sulley that she loves.  Maybe it's just the fact they make her laugh and she is happy when watching them.

With all the hype of the new Monster's University movie the stores have all kinds of Monster's themed items...books, dolls, toys, games, etc.  Right before our road trip I bought her a new Monster's book...Boo on the Loose.  It is an early reader one and the reason I bought it.  I was hoping and thinking we could read it together.  What a better motivator too, than to read about her favorite characters!

We read it over our trip, but tonight was the first night she was "awake" enough when I put her to bed to be interested in reading it with me.  I let her read all the words she could say (some required a partial prompt) where others did not.  She said all three characters names by me just pointing to their pictures on the page....(Boo=Boo, Mike=Mi, and Sulley=I would say Sull and she would say E).  This part of reading the story was her favorite!

After we finished the book, she looked at me and said in her most sincere voice, "Mommy"....which to me means she was so happy!  I asked her if that was fun and she said, "ya"!

I love taking what she knows and what she can say and use it in a totally appropriate, typical setting. Of course the book isn't on peer level, but I don't care.  It is on her level...and a level I never thought she would be on.

This was taken in September of 2011 at Disney!


Here is a quote for today...in honor of the movie here is a quote from Monster's Inc....

You're not supposed to name it.  Once you name it, you start getting attached to it- Mike to Sulley in regards to naming the little girl, Boo.


No comments:

Post a Comment