Image Map

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Her Hugs

Today's gift are her hugs.

My husband and I were away for one night as we went to the wedding of a dear childhood friend of mine yesterday. She was in our wedding 14 years ago....makes me feel real old!

While we love having time away from our kids to spend time with each other....as this is very important too....we certainly miss them and think of them often. I am sure while we are gone, they probably hardly miss us as they are having a great time with their grandparents or friends!

The best part of coming home and being away from your children is seeing them run to you when you open the door and to hear them say, "mommy....daddy...". Usually when we return from a trip this is how we are greeted. Today, it was different. First we had to pick our middle daughter up from her friend's house. As you can imagine, when she saw us she was not too thrilled as this meant her sleepover was coming to an end. However, much to our surprise she didn't put up a fuss when it was time to leave.

Then we drove home to see our other to munchkins and when we walked in the door, they both were engaged in a game with a grandparent. They just looked at us and kept going on! Maybe we weren't gone long enough for them to really miss us yet and they didn't want their "Mimi and Poppy" time to end.

However, after my parents left.....then they wanted to show us how much they missed us! My daughter came right over and sat down next to me on the sofa and gave me lots of hugs....and "mommy's". Her hugs are so genuine and soft. I love having her release her hands from wringing them so hard to put them around my neck to give me a hug....which is usually followed by a kiss, an extra bonus!

While my daughter can not tell me with her own words, "I missed you", she can show me with her actions. Her hugs and kisses along with our snuggle time this afternoon was a good sign she missed me...just a little!

Here are some quotes for today...

Where I live, if someone gives you a hug it's from the heart- Steve Irwin

Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism - Leo Buscaglia

A hug is worth a thousand words- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment