Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Letting me sing to her...still

Today's gift is she still let's me sing to her.

Let's face it, I'm no Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift, but I do like to sing along to music. Who doesn't? I loved singing to my children when they were babies and rocking them to sleep. They certainly did not know a good voice from a bad one back then....or they covered it up well.

Luckily, two of my children still do not mind my voice...my oldest and youngest.

Both of them actually request I sing for them...my daughter points to the hand which means songs when I give her a choice using both of my hands (one for books and one for songs) and my son uses his voice to ask me to sing to him.

My favorite songs to sing are Christmas Carols. Don't ask me why, I just love them. While singing them in the middle of the summer does not put me in the Christmas spirit, singing them now does.

I love the way my daughter looks at me when I sing to her. It's like all her cares in the world are gone and she just melts in my arms. No handwringing, just relaxed 100%, resting next to me, listening to every word I sing to her. My voice either must be soothing to her or scary as she falls asleep usually by the second song. I'm going to go with soothing on this one...not to say I am a good singer, but for the fact she is calm and not hiding under the covers.

Once she is asleep I love just looking down at her sleeping so peacefully. I wonder if she dreams of singing to me. I hope so. And I hope her dream comes true one day, as I would love nothing more than for her to sing to me.

Instead of quotes tonight, I'm going to share my favorite Christmas Carols I sing to her....

My all time favorite is White Christmas

Other favorites are Silver Bells, Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire, Home for the Holidays, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Jingle Bells, Joy to the World

And our favorite is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. When I sing this to her I do not say the word nose...she does as she points to hers. And when we get to the part.."and if you ever saw it, you would even say it glowed...". ...she also says glowed for me! When we first started singing this song together she only pointed to her nose...now she says two words!



No comments:

Post a Comment