Image Map

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dancing

Today's gift is dancing.

If you have been reading the gifts daily, you know my daughter loves music.  If you are new to this blog, I must tell you my daughter enjoys listening to music....a lot!  To read about my first music post click this link.... Her Love for Music #1 

I love it when listening to music with my children turns into an impromptu dance party.  There is something about dancing around the room, with the music turned up....you forget about everything on your mind and truly enjoy the moment.  Today, I shared one of these moments with my daughter!

I was listening to music on my computer while my son and I were eating our lunch this afternoon and when we ran out the door to pick up the girls from school I forgot to turn it off.  So of course, when we walked back in the door it was on.  My daughter with special needs, was looking all around the kitchen wondering where the music was coming from as I often do not listen to music on my computer while they are around....since I would not hear it anyway!

She loved looking at my computer and thought it was a huge iPad and started touching all the buttons thinking it would work just like her iPad does.  I had to tell her, while they were both apple products (she knows the icons look the same as on her device), this was a computer and it works differently.  I asked her if she liked the music and she said, "la"....which is her "yeah...for yes".  So I turned it up and she started swaying back and forth...this is her dancing.  Then I grabbed her hands and we started dancing around the kitchen together!  She had the biggest smile on her face....as did I!

At this moment, nothing mattered...as I was enjoying every second of this moment with her....holding hands....looking into each others eyes....smiling and laughing.....listening to music while we were dancing.....it was perfect!  And now when I listen to the song we were dancing to, I will always remember our impromptu dance party.  However, moments like these I will never forget!

Here are some quotes for today....

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain....-Vivian Greene

To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak- Hopi Indian saying

Dance is the hidden language of the soul- Martha Graham


No comments:

Post a Comment