Image Map

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Her Lap

Today's gift is her lap.

I am sure you can not count all the times your child has laid their head in your lap as it has happened so many times. My children love to lay their head in my lap and for me to rub their head, just as much as they love for me to rub their back....I think they inherited this from me!

But can you count how many times you laid your head in your child's lap? I can. Once. Today I shared this special gift with my daughter who has special needs.

This afternoon, after playing outside on this beautiful fall day, we came inside to relax. I was kind of sleepy, so I laid my head in my daughter's lap. As I was lying there, I was thinking to myself...this could go two ways. She could either start pulling my hair, which would be a little uncomfortable as she has a strong grip.....or.....she would actually rub my hair.

Well, it started out as a light tug, but turned into an actual rub. I don't know what I was more surprised about....the fact she was rubbing my head or the fact she let me keep my head on her lap for 20 minutes! Both took me by surprise and I was enjoying every single second of it!

I love when my daughter surprises me in the littlest ways, but the impact they leave on my heart is huge!

Here are two quotes for today,

Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate- Author Unknown

The soul is healed by being with children - English Proverb

 

No comments:

Post a Comment