Image Map

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Little Things #3

Today's gift is the little things...#3.

I love when I see my daughter do something appropriate....sweet....and spontaneous. All three individually are special, but when she does them all at the same time, in the same moment...this is just spectacular!

This evening we were walking outside to get the mail and while we were in the yard, we saw my husband...aka Daddy...coming down the street. He was home earlier than normal and this was a pleasant surprise. My daughter must have enjoyed his earlier arrival too, as she walked right over to his car.

She just stood against his door, making it so he could not get out. Instead she pressed her face against his car window, pursing her lips as to kiss her daddy through the window! She kept doing this over and over again.

This was one of the sweetest moments I have witnessed in a long time. I wish I had my camera or phone with me to snap a picture of the two of them kissing through the window. It always seems like when moments like these happen, I never have my camera!

I think she was happy Daddy was home, what do you think?

Here are two quotes for today....

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things- Frank Howard Clark

Never get tired of doing little things for others, sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their heart- Unknown Author

 

No comments:

Post a Comment