Image Map

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cleaning Up

Today's gift is cleaning up.

I'm sure everyone knows this song or a version of it....

Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere.  Clean up, clean up, everybody does their share.

If you follow my blog you probably know by now my daughter loves to play Connect 4.  It is one of the view things I can sit her down with to do completely on her own so I can have five minutes of uninterrupted time to get something done.  Once in a while, I will get lucky and it could be 20 minutes, but on average it is five.  When she is done playing she will either leave it and walk away OR she will throw the base and all the pieces go flying all over the place.  The second is more fun so this one is often her preferred choice!

Right before dinner I had her playing so I could dish out dinner and get everyone to the table.  Seconds before I was going to call her into the kitchen I hear the sound of something crashing to the ground....almost like glass breaking.  However, I knew exactly what it was!  We just left it knowing we will pick it up after dinner and before Midnight comes back into the house.

While I was cleaning up the dishes I asked my two youngest to pick it up for me.  As soon as they started to pick up all the pieces, my oldest daughter joined in the fun.  She started picking up the pieces and putting them back into the box too!

It was incredibly sweet to see her cleaning up after herself.  The expression on her face showed she felt bad her siblings were picking up after her...again.  The expression on their faces was one of pure joy as they were so excited their big sister was helping them clean up!

Fluke, new habit....whatever it is I will take t!

Here is a funny quote for today....

I love cleaning up messes I didn't make...so I became a Mom- Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment