Image Map

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kaboom

Today's gift is kaboom.

I have no idea what this word means or where it came from, but my daughter thinks it is the funniest word. I know there is a cleaning solution whose name is Kaboom and the foam is purple....but that is not what I'm talking about.

Everyone who knows my daughter, knows this word will get an automatic response from her. It is one of the words she says and you have to act silly while saying the word back to her. For a while kabooms were taking over and we had to not respond when a kaboom was mentioned. Since taking the break from kaboom, we can use it again in our rotation of words to make her laugh.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed (which by the way is one of my favorite times with her), I hopped into her bed and covered us up with her covers so all you saw were our heads sticking out and got really close to her face. We stared into each others eyes and then she made the move to kiss me. I closed my eyes as I wanted to see if she would say something to get me to open them. Immediately she started saying the two words we say to her to get her to laugh...boo and kaboom.

Every time she would say kaboom I would open my eyes fast and she would start laughing the deep belly laugh. There was something about her laugh tonight, which made me realize this word kaboom was my gift today.

Maybe it was simply, this word makes her laugh. Hearing her laugh means she is happy. And I love nothing more than seeing her happy.

 

Here is a quote for today...


You can't deny laughter, when it comes it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants- Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment