Image Map

Monday, December 10, 2012

"Go up B"

Today's gift is "Go Up B".

You are probably thinking, what in the world is "go up B"?

Well, first "B" is what my daughter calls her sister as she can not say her whole name.  And second "B" takes gymnastics.  My daughter loves watching her sister practice at home and her favorite is a handstand.

Every day B practices her handstand (as we know "practice" well in this house) and her sister laughs every time she does one.  B is a very good teacher to her sister and knows when to make her practice her words she knows and will not give in to what she wants until she says what B is asking her to say.

Tonight she wanted B to do a handstand, so B said, "what do you want me to do"
....and she responded "up".
B said, "you can say more than that"
.....and with prompting from me, I said "what do you want B to do"
....and she said "go"
....then I said "go where"
....and she said "up"
....then I pointed to her sister and she said "B".

Then we made her say it all together before B would do the handstand.  So we looked at her and pointed to B and she said on her own " Go up B"!!!!  And B went up!

Immediately when B came down, she said "mom, I know what you are going to blog about tonight"....my daughter knows me all too well.  I said, "yes I am, because you both made this gift special for me....because without you this gift would not have been possible".

I love how we take ordinary moments in our house, ones which are going to happen anyway, and turn them into a teaching experience....one where the teaching is fun!

Here are two quotes for today....

The best teachers teach from the heart, not from a book- Author Unknown

The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery- Mark Van Doren




No comments:

Post a Comment