Image Map

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Playing the Christmas Song Game

Today's gift is Playing the Christmas Song Game.

I don't know about your kids, but my kids are wired!  They are so excited about Christmas!!  They are literally bouncing off the walls!  If I don't try having some fun down time with them I think I'm going to loose my mind.  

As you know from a previous post I love Christmas songs!  Tonight at dinner we played a made up (by me) Christmas song game.  You had to sing part of a song but the part you sang could not have the title of the song in it.   

For example, for my first song I sang..."....with every Christmas card I write.  My your days be merry and bright.....".   Immediately my son said... "White Christmas!"  He was correct.  When it was my oldest daughter's and husband's turn he of course went with the one song she can help sing...and it's her favorite.   My other two knew what it was going to be, but we told them to let her say it all the way first.  They were hot to jump on the answer before we even got the fourth word out! 

It was so precious!  My husband started the song..."...had a very shiny" and my daughter said "nose".  Then he said, "if you ever saw it, you would even say it", and then she said "glowed!"   My youngest two went wild and said "Rudolph!"  My daughter lit up and was so proud of herself!!!

I love it when we can play a game and I can find a way to include her.  Sometimes it is hard, I will not lie.  But the reward is so worth it!

Here is a quote for today...

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month- Harlan Miller



P.S. I was having a glitch with Blogsy last night and posting....if you did not read the post titled, No Behaviors, I have attached it below.  Enjoy!

Post from Friday, December 21, 2012


Today's gift is NO behaviors........

AT SCHOOL ALL FIRST SEMESTER!!!!!!!!

I honestly do not think you could possible know how incredible this is for her! I am beyond proud of her progress not only academically, but personally. She has come so far since her diagnosis 6 years ago.

Now if we can figure out how to make all behaviors at home disappear too. However, in saying this she has come amazingly far with her behaviors at home too! Where we used to be and where we are now are worlds apart, but of course we always wish for more.

On days like today, it makes me stop and realize how far she has come since her dreams were altered when the Rett monster entered her life. Days like today make me stop and truly appreciate all she has overcome to get where she is today. Days like today I will always remember, even when the next great thing happens.

I know one day we will be behavior free, just like I dreamed of behaviors coming out only occasionally every month. I am so proud of my little ninja for ending 2012 at school on a great note! I can't wait to see what progress she makes in 2013!


Here are two quotes for today....

 Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful - Joshua J. Marine

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow- Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment