Image Map

Monday, December 3, 2012

Learning to read

Today's gift is learning to read.

This gift is one I truly never thought would happen. I believe in an earlier post, I mentioned how she was at the early stages of reading...reading site words.

Today she is reading full sentences! She is reading them out loud if she is able to say the word and make approximations for the words she can not say. Equally as amazing, she can read the sentence to herself silently!

The three sentences she worked on today are: I see a horse and a boy. I see a fish and a yellow ball. I see a yellow car.

The reading program they use with her at school is called Edmark. Her one to one really likes the program and likes how she responds to the program. And I have to agree....she really likes it!

Seeing the confidence beam from her face as she is reading is an extra gift!

Thanks to my daughter's willingness to learn, her one to one who believes in her (and pushes her) and Edmark we are able to read together the level one books. We are able to hear her read to us! This is just the beginning f great things to come.

 

Here are two quotes for today....

Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body- Sir Richard Steele

She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans- Kobi Yamada

No comments:

Post a Comment