Image Map

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Following Directions

Today's gift is following directions.

This afternoon my daughter was spot on for following directions. No matter what I asked her, she would do it. Something so little, but means so much to a mother whose daughter has special needs.

We took our kids out this afternoon for a treat to their favorite frozen yogurt place, Menchie's. They were having a great day so we decided to surprise them. On our way home, my husband needed to hang our daughter's Wike (also known as her chariot...it is a jogger stroller which can also be attached to the back of a bike), from the ceiling in our garage as it mostly gets used on the weekends. Also, it is getting much cooler here and we want to park both cars in the garage so the kids can have a warm car to get into in the morning.

While he was getting the garage ready for both cars, the kids and I drove around the neighborhood looking to see who put up decorations this weekend. I don't know about you and your family, but every weekend till Christmas we will take the kids out driving around town looking at lights. It puts us in the Christmas spirit!

When we were done driving around the neighborhood, I pulled into the driveway and let my two youngest out of the car first...as it is a tight squeeze in the garage with my big ole' SUV! After I pulled in, turned off the car and got out to get my daughter out of the car, I noticed she had rolled down her window. If the windows are unlocked she loves rolling them down and up, down and up and down and up!

I told her she was silly and we needed to roll up her window. So I climbed into the front seat, turned the key just enough and said, "ok, roll up your window"...and she did....

But I wasn't quick enough in turning off the car and she rolled it down a little bit....and then laughed! So, I asked her again, "please roll your window up"...and she did....and this time I was faster than her and turned the car off before she could roll it down again.

When I got her out of the car, I told her she did a great job following directions and I liked how she was being a little joker too! This is totally something her siblings would have done to me! As we got out of the car, I asked her if she would shut the car door for us so we could walk past the car...and without hesitation, she closed the car door....and no jokes either!

I love it when she has days where everything just clicks"! Today was definitely one of those days. I wonder too if she felt rejuvenated like I did from our sermon this morning at church or if something at church just "clicked" with her too....as this was about the time frame today when I noticed everything was happening just perfectly.

Whatever it was...it was part of my gift today.



Here are some quotes for today...

Every good and perfect gift is from above - James 1:17

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me- Phillippians 4:13

She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future- Proverbs 31:25



No comments:

Post a Comment