Image Map

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Treating ME to some TLC

Today's gift is treating me to some TLC.

Like most kids, my kids love to have their backs rubbed/scratched.  I wonder where they got this from???

ME!  To this day, I still love to have my back rubbed and massaged.

My daughter with Rett Syndrome, not only likes to have her back rubbed, but also her legs and feet.  She especially likes to have her feet rubbed after her brace comes off.  I can't even imagine what it must feel like to wear a plastic brace for 8 hours a day....I would want my leg and foot rubbed too!

This afternoon, we were sitting on the sofa having some down time and I had my leg propped up on the sofa.  All of a sudden I feft something on my shoe....I look out of the corner of my eye and my daughter is untying my shoe laces!  It was like she was telling me to take my shoes off.

But it didn't stop there.

Then she started to rub my leg, just like we rub hers!  Even though my massage was a "mini" version of what she typically gets, it was the nicest surprise.  I looked at her and said, "thank you, that was really sweet of you"....to which she replied..."Mommy", in the most sincere voice.

Even though this interaction between us probably only lasted less than five minutes, it was five minutes I will never forget.  It was five minutes where she was showing me with her actions, she truly loves me.

Here are two quotes for today....

Treat people the way you want to me treated.  Talk to people they way you want to be talked to.  Respect is earned, not given- Author Unknown

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle- Plato




No comments:

Post a Comment