Image Map

Friday, November 9, 2012

Her love for her grandparents....and great-grandmothers

Today's gift is her love for her grandparents and her great-grandmothers.

All my children are really lucky. They have three sets of grandparents (since my parents re-married) and two great-grandmothers.

Family is important to me...and it is important to my daughter.

When my daughter sees her grandparents, she truly lights up. She loves being around them. You can tell each one has a special place in her heart. Each one makes her feel special in a different way.

Today Mimi, Poppy and Nanny come down to visit. We haven't seen Poppy since his hip surgery, so we were all excited to see him...and he looked great! When I picked up my oldest daughter today from school (my middle daughter rode the bus home), Poppy was in the car with me. As soon as she saw him she started to walk faster to the car and when the door opened, she said loudly, "Pop-eeee"!

On our way home I said, guess who else is waiting for you at home and she said, "Mimi".... and then I said who else and she said "Nan-ne" . The whole way home she had a huge smile on her face.

When we got home and she saw Mimi and Nanny she started glowing. She loves spending time with them. Whether they are playing ball outside, going for a walk, playing Connect 4, watching a movie, snuggling on the sofa....you name it....she enjoys this time with her grandparents and great- grandmothers.

Of course, my other two children can tell me how much they enjoy their time with their grandparents and how they spent their time together. However, my daughter with Rett Syndrome can not tell me about her time spent with her grandparents.

She doesn't need to....I can tell by her expression on her face.

I am so happy all my children have so many "grands" to love them, they truly are lucky!

Here are some quotes for today....

A family is a little world created by love- Author Unknown

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family- Anthony Brandt

This family...laughs & learns, prays & protects, apologizes & appreciates, dreams & discovers, fights & forgives, teases & trusts, gives & grows, believes & belongs, love & lasts....Forever- Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment