Image Map

Monday, November 19, 2012

Honor Roll

Today's gift is honor roll.

I am one extremely proud mom tonight.  Not only did one of my daughters make honor roll, they BOTH made it!

This is definitely on the list of "I never thought this would happen".  When I opened my daughter with special needs report card and saw her honor roll certificate I was smiling from ear to ear.  I think I was both excited and shocked!

She received 3 B's and 2 A's.  On her report card next to each letter grade there was an asterisk indicating there was more to the grade, "asterisk in front of grade indicates instruction was modified".

I know my daughter is working on a "modified" curriculum and I am ok with this.  What matters most to me is that she is happy, she is having fun and she has friendships.  Everything else is a bonus to me!

I loved reading the note from her teacher, "...she is a loving girl and a joy to have in class.  She enjoys doing school work and will attend to her work for up to 25 minutes.  She appreciates having her peers around her.  Her grades reflect her progress towards meeting her goals/objectives....".  I could not be any happier!

I couldn't be happier of her "overall" educational experience and as I have mentioned in the past ALL of this would not be possible without her very special friend who is by her side every day.  She not only believes in my daughter, but she has helped others to believe in her too!

Tonight at dinner we were talking about how both girls made honor roll and my middle daughter asked if her sister has made honor roll before.  I said no.  To which she replied, this is her first time...with excitement in her voice.  Yes, I said.  Then she said, now that is something to blog about!  I couldn't agree more!



Here are two quotes for today...

Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams- Author Unknown

With brave wings she flies- Author Unknown

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement- Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment