Image Map

Friday, November 30, 2012

Being positive

Today's gift is being positive.

My mom came down today to go with me to take my daughter to another doctor.  Nothing is wrong, I'm just being proactive.  However, the thought of us adding a seventh doctor to her regular list of doctors made me kinda sad.  At least this doctor would probably be on the list...Rett or not.

She had a late morning appointment so I kept her home from school today and we were going to have a nice grandmother/mother/daughter lunch afterwards before we had to pick up my other two kiddos.  This was the plan.

We had a 20 minute drive to the appointment including time to find a place to park.  Her appointment was at 10:15 and they wanted us to arrive 15 minutes before the appointment to fill out paperwork.  So we walked into the office at 9:55.

The waiting room was packed! My immediate thought was this is why I don't like (I think I actually used the word hate) coming down to the main location instead of one of the satellite locations.

A negative thought.  Only followed by another one...I hope my daughter makes it through a long wait....as I could tell we were not going to be seen on time today.

DID WE WAIT....11:30 is when we finally went back!

The whole time we waited, my daughter was awesome.  She was incredible.  She was patient.  She was positive.

She played on her iPad, she people watched, she played with a baby...she didn't try to get up and walk around (thank goodness as there wasn't much room), she didn't complain, she didn't get upset.

I was so proud of her!

My mom and I were complaining. We couldn't believe she had to wait this long. We couldn't believe anyone had to wait this long.

Once we got back there, our appointment went very well and my daughter was still all smiles.  By the time we left her appointment (2 hours after we arrived) and got closer to our house we didn't have time to have our "nice" lunch.

However, we did still get a chance to stop at one of her favorite chain "quick" restaurants, Subway.  She still has an IOU though!

She taught me today, when you are in a situation you have little or no control over, being negative doesn't do any good...at all! For us today, being negative at times only made the wait seem longer. Staying positive always wins.

She always shows me the bright side of every situation.

Here are two quotes for today...

Think positive and positive things will happen - Author Unknown

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind- Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment