Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Her gentle touch

Today's gift is her gentle touch.

Like many mornings my daughter is ready and waiting to leave for school well before it is time to go.  She LOVES school and can't wait to go in the mornings.

This morning I was packing up her book bag, getting her lunch and making sure her sister was all set too....when....

...she walked over to me....grabbed my arm ever so gently, put her arm around my arm like we were locking elbows, pointed to the door and walked me to the door with her.

I was amazed at how gently she was telling me she wanted to go.  Usually it is a firm point to the door followed by the word, "go".  Today was different.

This was one of the best feelings in the world.  No words were being exchanged....all action.

I could have had our arms locked together all day....it was beautiful.  This actually has become her new way to hold your hand now; however, I have never seen her use it with such purpose like this morning.

Sometimes no words are needed.


Here are two quotes for today...

Only the gentle ever really strong- James Dean

Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have- Author Unknown





No comments:

Post a Comment