Image Map

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Eskimo Kisses

Today's gift is Eskimo kisses.

My daughter was in a very good mood this evening.  She really wanted to play with her brother and sister and they were playing wonderfully together.  Moments like these I never forget and they are beautiful to see.

The next best thing is when I get cuddle time with her.  Before we headed upstairs for bed tonight we were sitting on the sofa talking together.  We were looking into each other's eyes and starting giving each other Eskimo kisses.

I remember my mom and dad teaching me about Eskimo kisses and my mom and I rubbing noses when I was little.   Sharing Eskimo kisses tonight with my daughter brought back memories of my childhood. I loved being able to share with her one more thing from childhood.

For some reason my daughter loves looking at my nose.  Really, when we sit next to each other she will stare at my nose for a very long time...leaving me to wonder...what is it she is interested in?   I knew she would love Eskimo kisses...and she did.   She got the biggest smile on her face.   She even stopped wringing her hands and just rested her hands down.   I love how she must have felt "safe" with me at this moment...like all her worrying and anxiety left.

I could have stayed there all night looking into her eyes giving her Eskimo kisses....and I think she could have too!   It was a perfect way to end the day.

Here are two quotes for today....


Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters- Margaret Peters

The best nights are usually unplanned, random and spontaneous- Author Unknown







No comments:

Post a Comment