Image Map

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hanging with the kids

Today's gift is hanging with the kids.

This afternoon my daughter with special needs had one of her good friends come over to play along with her little brother and mother...hey I needed a friend too!

The kids had fun playing outside for a little bit as it was chilly. The kids didn't seem to mind as much as the moms! The whole time we were outside my daughter played ball with her friend and followed her around the yard. She truly enjoyed having some one on one time with her.

When we came inside to get warm the kids had a snack and played Wii. My daughter didn't skip a beat and went right into the playroom with all the kids. She loved sitting on the sofa next to her friend watching them play Just Dance...she loves the music and watching people dance!

It was so refreshing to see her be engaged with her peer and wanting to be with all the kids. As an extra bonus it was nice to have a conversation with my friend without all the kids around!

I love seeing her be "one of the kids"!

Here is a quote for today...

Friends uplift the soul- Author Unknown




 

No comments:

Post a Comment