Image Map

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Being there for our friends

Today's gift is being there for our friends.

Having a child with special needs has opened my eyes to those around me and my family.  I know who I can count on for certain things and who I can not.  But just like I need my friends to be there for me or my family, my friends also need me/my family to be there for them.  Whether it is for happy times or sad times...they know we are always by their side.

Today, was a day when we were their to support our dear friends...for something exciting.  Our daughter's one to one teacher in school, her husband opened his own bakery and we were able to sample his goodies today!

We were talking about it all morning to my daughter as she just loves "D".   Often we will talk about our day to her if we are going to be going places as to help with the transitions.  I knew this trip was going to be a good one as the two people we were going to visit are two of her favorites!

The bakery sits on a corner in an up and coming area in our city and it was absolutely perfect in every way.  From the window boxes filled with greens on the outside to the warm and inviting decor on the inside.  The warmth in the bakery made you want to stay and enjoy a warm cup of coffee with a yummy goodie.

And did we enjoy some delicious goodies!  Mini blueberry cheesecakes, buttermilk pie with a blueberry sauce (and this was gluten free!), apple and cranberry muffins, and homemade marshmallows to go with the hot chocolate.  There were other goodies to try but they had nuts and we all have nut allergies...except for my husband.

My daughter enjoyed our visit so much!  She was all smiles sitting by the window people (and puppy) watching....tasting treats just like everyone else!

While my daughter needs her friends (young and older) to be there to support her, her friends (young and older) need her to be there for them too.  The relationship my daughter and her one to one has is priceless...it truly is.  I know it was special for my daughter to be there for her and her husband today....just like it was special for us too!

Here is a picture of my kids at the bakery (and my middle daughter's friend too!)


Here are two quotes for today...

1 Universe, 9 Planets, 204 Countries, 809 Islands, 7 Seas, and I had the privilege to meet you- Author Unknown

Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest.  It's about who came and never left your side- James Casey







No comments:

Post a Comment