Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

An Afternoon Walk

Today's gift is an afternoon walk.

Our weather this winter hasn't been too bad. We have had lots of cold days, but every now and then we get a teaser of what is to come this Spring. Today was one of those "teaser" days.

When the kids came home from school it was in the low 60's and gorgeous! The kids and I went for a walk.  My two youngest rode their bikes and my daughter chose to be pushed in her cruiser.

My other two know the drill about how far ahead they can ride before they have to stop and wait for me to catch up.  My daughter with special needs loved watching her brother and sister ride ahead.  As they rode...we strolled and talked about everything we saw...birds, dogs, a cat, the trees, cars, friends getting off the bus....you name it, we talked about it.  But the only thing to bring out her laugh was her brother.

He loves to ride his bike really fast and then slam on his brakes making skid marks.  Every time he did this she laughed and laughed.

I enjoyed our outside time today...especially knowing the weather wasn't going to last long (back to the low 40's tomorrow). I enjoyed talking to her and her to me about the things we saw on our walk.   I enjoyed the fresh air and warm sun.   I enjoyed watching her take everything in.  I really enjoyed watching her enjoy her brother's silliness!  I love it when my children bring each other happiness.

Our walk was so simple, yet one filled with lots of love.

Here is a quote for today...

Whoever is happy will make others happy too - Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment