Image Map

Friday, February 1, 2013

Resiliency

Today's gift is resiliency.

We almost didn't make it to my daughter's doctor's appointment today. My poor Pookie got sick at 1:00am and proceeded to get sick three more times. I was praying all night, that come morning she would pull through. And my prayers worked! Thank you God.

I was texting and emailing a new friend who works at the clinic we went to today telling her about my daughter very early this morning. I knew our appointment time was a three hour slot, so I was willing to lose and hour of our appointment to let her sleep in and feel better. And it worked.

She was amazing! She was one tough cookie this morning...and honestly she always is!

I can't think of any other place but my bed I would rather be after vomiting all night. And certainly the doctor's office would be the last place I would want to go. If you saw my daughter today in the doctor's office you would never know she was up all night getting sick. How she pulls through and keeps going at times when I know she wants to throw in the towel is beyond me! It is something I can definitely learn from her.

And to top it off her appointment went extremely well and I'm so thankful we made the trip. We have some new avenues to try with her and I'm really excited to see where things are going to be going for her. 2013 is going to be a great year for her.

 

Here are two quotes for today...

Resilience is the ability to find the inner strength to bounce back from a set back or challenge- Author Unknown

We are born neurologically wired for human resilience. We just have to know how to use it. It's an untapped natural resource - Author Unknown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment