Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Breakfast Date with Daddy

Today's gift is breakfast date with daddy.

Last week was Dads and Donuts at the girls school.  My husband has taken them before, but it usually is a madhouse.  He doesn't enjoy activities where everyone is standing on top of each other...and neither does my daughter.  So he made a deal with them.  Every year instead of Dads and Donuts, he will treat them to breakfast on another morning...at a place of their choosing.

This morning was their breakfast date.

You never know how my daughter is going to wake up...happy, sad or upset.  Usually it is always happy, but sometimes she throws us a curve ball...just to keep us on our toes.  Today she was all smiles and as I was getting her ready for school I was telling her about her breakfast date with Daddy.  As soon as her shoes were on...she was at the stairs wanting to "go".  Uh oh!

I was so proud of my daughter for communicating how she really wanted to "go", with points and all....but she also has to learn, sometimes you have to wait....a minute or two....and things are not immediate.  She did wait for her jacket to be put on and she did wait for her sister to get ready too...and she did say "go" after each one!  But as soon as she was in the car, she stopped saying "go"....because she knew she was "go"ing!

When she wants to go...she wants to go...and there is no time for waiting.  I was praying she would hold it together long enough to get in the car....and she did!  She was a trooper.  She knew she was going to breakfast with dad and she didn't want to waste one second on anything else.

Forty minutes after they were gone, I received a text from my husband which read "girls were perfect". I was so happy for all three of them!  Going out to breakfast should be a very simple activity; however, in our house you never know which way the Rett wind will blow...


Here is a quote for today....

My fingers may be small, but I can still wrap Daddy around them- Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment