Image Map

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reflection

Today's gift is reflection.

By mid morning today, we were back in the car heading home from my daughter's doctor's appointment. Yesterday we took in all the information she (the doctor) gave us and today on our six hour drive home we were able to reflect on everything.

Before we started talking about everything out loud together I was thinking everything over in my head. There was a lot to reflect on. We did not receive any bad news...which was wonderful. Lots of positive information with lots to think about.

One of my biggest questions going into our appointment was what more can I (we) do to help her communicate more...better. This is what I was thinking about the most as I am the type of person to just jump in and want to make everything happen...overnight. And I know it's going to be an adjustment for all of us...especially my daughter. But one I think will be well worth it.

As I was reflecting on my own, I look over at my daughter who was sitting next to me and she was looking out the window. What I would give to know what she was thinking about?



Was she thinking of everything the doctor said? Was she thinking of the new way she is going to learn to communicate? Was she excited for this new opportunity? Was she scared? Or was she simply just excited to be going back home?

I don't know. And this is why I'm willing to try something new with her...to get a deeper level of communication from her.

We will be talking and thinking about all the information we learned about for a while as everything takes time. But something in my daughter's eyes tells me she is ready...ready for the next step. Just like everything else in life....timing is everything.



Here is a quote for today...

Nothing can dim the light which shines from within - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment