Image Map

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Boom Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap

Today's gift is boom clap, boom de clap de clap.

Do you have any idea what I am referring to here?  How about it I added pop it, lock it, polka dot it....

Anything?

Well, they are the lyrics to Miley Cyrus's song Hoedown Throwdown which is in the movie Hannah Montana...which we watch all the time.  I seriously should have this dance down...but I don't....and it's probably a good thing!

When this song came on during the movie, my daughter did something she has never done before.  Every time, Miley, would throw her arm out to the side...I guess when she was pop'n and lock'n it...my daughter would throw hers out to the side too and hit the sofa next to her.  It was right on beat too!

I videotaped it on her school ipad and can not figure out how to upload the video to share with you!!!  I really think she was trying to imitate Miley's actions on the screen.  It was incredible to watch!

I love it when my daughter is watching tv or someone and she tries to imitate what they are doing.  It tells me she is really engaged in the moment.

I can't wait for the day when she can pop and lock Rett Syndrome up and dance the night away free of Rett.  Until then I will enjoy all the gifts she gives me daily....like today's!


Here is a quote for today....


Dance is the hidden language of the soul- Martha Graham

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment