Image Map

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Being Observant

Today's gift is being observant.

From the moment I picked up my girls from school today, my daughter with special needs was very vocal.  She was talking up a storm, saying her familiar words over and over again.  It was so cute to hear, as it is usually her sister who is talking nonstop!

Right after school we had to make a quick stop to pick up girls scout cookies which have arrived....Lord, help me now!   Through the whole errand she still was laughing and talking especially rattling off the names of everyone she knows.

When we got back on the main road to our house, she was in the back seat rocking back and forth saying her teacher's name over and over and over again with a big smile on her face.   I thought she was just saying her name like she had been mentioning others minutes before.

I was wrong.

She was saying her name over and over again because she was in the car next to us and was waving to us!  The only person (there were 4 of us in the car!!) to notice was my daughter with Rett Syndrome!  She was saying her name over and over again, because she was looking at her!

Boy, did I feel like an idiot!

My daughter is always so quick to point things out to us...nothing is wrong with her eyes for sure!  I love how she was communicating with us how she saw someone she knew too, but because she was playing "role call" minutes before, I assumed the same was happening.

I guess next time I will pay closer attention to our surrounding when she says something repeatedly!

Here is a quote for today....

All things are possible, if you believe- Mark 9:23




No comments:

Post a Comment