Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

A Good Student....at Dog Training

Today's gift is being a good student at dog training.

Midnight, our new "puppy" just started his second of three weeks at doggy boot camp.  We were supposed to have our first training with him this past Friday, but his instructor was sick so we had to reschedule to this afternoon.

We wanted the whole family to be a part of the training process as this is a "whole" family pet.  Before we went into our training session, we had a tour of the facility....or should I call it a "resort" like they do.  Honestly, what pet would want to leave here!!!  We also wanted to tour his accommodation options as this will be the place we will have him "vacation" when we go on vacation.

My daughter was amazing as we toured the "resort", especially knowing there would be places within where the vacationers....aka the other dogs would be barking loudly when someone would enter the building.   All she did was laugh and say "puppy"!

When it was time for us to go into our training room I was a little nervous.  The room was directly across from the pool at the "resort".  Even thought the pool was empty, my daughter still knew it was a pool.  She kept letting us know by saying "pool" not once, not twice, but probably 20 times.   But as soon as she saw her "puppy" come in she stopped and all eyes where on him.

It is amazing to watch her watch Midnight.  She loves to take in everything he is doing.  Throughout the whole training she was listening and watching....just like me and my husband.  My other two children listened too....but were not as in tuned as she was.  They wanted to play with him more than "learn" and then when they realized they couldn't play with him at that moment they started to roam the room looking to see what they could get into....kinda like a puppy!

I was so proud of my daughter for being patient and calm while we trained with our new dog for ONE HOUR.  This training session was proof to me....she really loves her "puppy".  He truly brings out the best in all of us.  Just like the sticker/magnet says...."My rescue dog rescued me".

Here are two quotes for today....

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole- Roger Caras

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment