Image Map

Monday, January 28, 2013

Mimi and Poppy Time...extended

Today's gift is Mimi and Poppy time...extended.

My daughter spent the weekend with her Mimi and Poppy this weekend. This allowed for me to have the one on one time with my other daughter at her girl scout overnight and for my husband to have one on one time with our son.

We are very lucky my parents ( aka Mimi and Poppy), offer to take the kids and can help with them to allow us to have a break from the daily challenges and constant care of having a child with special needs. You have no idea how rejuvenated you get from a break...your batteries get recharged and you are ready for another 10,000 miles!

We are equally as lucky that our daughter loves her one on one time with Mimi and Poppy. She loves being the center of attention when she is with them and they treat her like a princess!

Our daughter's visit with Mimi and Poppy has been filled with lots of extra cuddles as she got sick the first night there! I felt so bad for her...but I know she is in the second best hands (after ours of course!). I also know how good they will care for her when she doesn't feel well, not only because I see the care when she is well, but I remember the care I got when I was little and sick (and when I get sick today....they still take care of me and the kids).

Even though I wasn't able to be with her while she was sick, I still talked to her and thanks to FaceTime was able to see her! I think this made her feel better too!

Mimi and Poppy are so caring they offered to keep her one more night as she still had a fever this afternoon. One more day and night to give her some quiet, one on one time to get better. It probably was the best decision seeing as I came home with a very tired 8 year old who became crabbier as the day got later. I think my mom knew (as mother's always do) that this was going to be one of those nights.

Thanks to an extended time at Mimi and Poppy's, I am also able to get some extra sleep I lost from the overnight with the girl scouts and be extra rejuvenated for my daughter tomorrow. While I miss her to pieces, I know she is receiving lots of love!

Here is a quote for today....

The only thing better than having you for my parents, is my children having you for grandparents- Author Unknown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment