Image Map

Friday, January 4, 2013

A Massage

Today's gift is a massage.

As much as I would like the massage, the massage was actually one I gave to my daughter.

My daughter is always extremely tense and tight.  She wrings her hands constantly and she never really relaxes unless she is asleep.  I try often to get her to lay down on the floor on her stomach, so I can rub her back.  She will rest there with her arms still tense and wringing above her head and then will pop back up after only three minutes.

Well, today was different.  She actually relaxed....100%!

I helped her down to the floor and then slowly got her to lay down onto her stomach.  I was also successful in getting her to keep her arms out to her sides....like she was lying on the ground in the shape of the letter "T".

Then I started to give her a much needed massage to help her release some of her tension.  Especially after our doctor visit the other day with our news of scoliosis, I wanted to help her stretch her back as much as I could.

She loved her massage!

She laid as still as she could be with this look on her face like she was saying, "wow, why did I wait so long for this!"  I had to try and get her to laugh sometimes as she looked so serious....so still....frozen almost!  I am so happy she enjoyed her little massage as I know she needed one.  I just wonder if she would actually enjoy a "real" massage one day.

When she got up from her "20 minute mini spa treatment" she was so relaxed, it was like she was in the zone.  It was so cute to see.  It was exactly how I feel after I get one too!

I guess I know what I will be doing weekly for her....and she deserves it for sure!

Here is a quote for today...

Breathe in.  Take a deep breath.  Be aware of your body relaxing.  Let out unwanted energy and tension- Laurel Izard






No comments:

Post a Comment