Image Map

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The First Smile of the Day

Today's gift is the first smile of the day.

I love seeing all my kids first thing in the morning. Let me back up here and say of course on the weekends I like it better if it is past the hour of 7:00am! On school mornings, the time doesn't matter as much as we have to get up anyway. But the first morning greeting they are still sleepy and cuddly. This is when they are not quite awake so they are not arguing with each other...over something silly!

My daughter's first interaction with us in the morning is usually a good indicator of her mood. So of course we always hope we are greeted with lots of smiles and hugs!

This morning when I went in to say "good morning" she had the nicest smile on her face, followed by a very sweet sounding "mommy". I love seeing her first smile of the day. It doesn't have to be her actual first smile of the day in general, but the first smile of the day to me!

We talked about her morning before I got her out of bed and she just continued to smile at me. I explained how she would be seeing her friends at PT this morning before school. She just kept smiling at me while we talked..taking it all in. She must have known it was her Mimi's birthday today! And then with her hands still wringing she lifted her arms...over my head...and hugged me!

I think this might have been better than the first smile of the day! But if it wasn't for the smile, I don't know if I would have gotten the hug!

Here are two quotes for today...

A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home - Author Unknown

Use your smile to change the world. Don't let the world change your smile- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment