Image Map

Friday, January 25, 2013

Resting Her Head on Me

Today's gift is my daughter resting her head on me.

I don't know what the weather is where you are, but here it is very cold and we had probably an inch of snow this afternoon.  I am not cut out for cold weather like this and I do not enjoy tons of snow.  The dusting we had today was perfect.

The snow started to fall right before my son and I went to pick up the girls from school.  The drive to carpool was picturesque!  And it made for some excited kids!

When we got home we all snuggled up on the sofa, turned on the fireplace, enjoyed a snack and watch tv.  My oldest daughter and I were on the sofa sitting next to each other.  We were watching one of our favorite shows, Good Luck Charlie, when I could feel her body relaxing as if she was drifting off to sleep.

She was sleepy, but was not falling asleep.  Instead, she was going into her relaxed state where she does not wring her hands and is nice and calm.  Then all of a sudden she rested her head against the top of mine!  It was so sweet!  I didn't want to move, but wanted to enjoy this moment for as long as I could.  Honestly, I didn't move.  I could have done some laundry or emptied the dishwasher, but I didn't want this little slice of heaven to end.



Eventually I did have to get up to start making dinner, but my son was lucky enough to sneak in and take my spot!  I love moments like these so much.  The simple pleasures of feeling her relax from the stresses of her day and then watching her feel comfortable enough with her brother to remain in the state of relaxation.



Here is a quote for today...

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone - Lin Yutang

No comments:

Post a Comment