Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mommy Day

Today's gift is a mommy day.

I decided to keep my daughter home from school today for two reasons. One is school policy is fever free for 24 hours (she was close to the 24) and the second reason is we are getting ready to leave to take her to see a new doctor tomorrow and I wanted her to have an extra day to rest.

I know there are plenty of people who do not abide by the 24 hour rule for being sick, but I am one who sticks by this rule. Yes, I would love my child to go back to school so I can have my "free time" back, but I also don't want my child being too tired or risk getting someone else sick.

It stinks for my daughter as now she is going to miss a full week of school. But this doctor's appointment is pretty important.

But through all the sickness and being at Mimi and Poppy's house it was nice to have a day at home...with just her.

I love having lazy days! We started by cuddling in bed watching tv....then had breakfast, leisurely...talked....watched a movie....got dressed....packed for our upcoming trip...enjoyed lunch with her brother when he came home from school....and then started to get ready for our daily after school routines.

My favorite part of the day was the all the time we sat next to each other. We shared giggles and exchanged some words...and just looked at each other too. We laughed at the same parts in the movie/show we were watching.

I could tell by her expressions and laughs that she was very happy she was having a mommy day with me. The first big laugh of the morning was one as if she was saying..."I'm skipping school"! When I asked her if she thought it was funny she wasn't at school again, she laughed harder and pulled the covers over her head.

While I would have liked to have been on my routine today, especially since the next two days we will be gone for her doctor appointment, I loved having a day home with her....and one I know she loved too!

Here is a quote for today...

So many of my smiles begin with you - Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment